14 / 12 / 2017
Using reward strategically can help you meet the workforce challenges facing your organisation, such as recruitment and retention.
Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust (SWBH) wanted to improve staff retention and reduce spending on temporary and agency staff. They also wanted to re-engage the workforce following redeployment programmes that had resulted in lower staff morale and engagement.
Find out how the trust used reward strategically to help meet its workforce challenges and:
- reviewed its existing staff benefits offer
- created and branded a comprehensive reward offer
- communicated the new offer to staff
- evaluated the impact of the approach
- continue to monitor progress and adapt the offer to reflect what staff want and value.
You can find out more about how other NHS organisations are improving staff retention in our guide.